Thursday, September 11, 2014

Project Pie: Week 9

Wow, 9 weeks of pie. I honestly can’t believe we’ve kept it up! This week I got to pick a refrigerator pie. If you recall the last time we made one of these pies I wasn’t to impressed. Luckily this week was different. I chose a French Silk pie. And let me tell you, it is to die for!

IMG_1334

The recipe uses raw eggs so Charlie doesn’t get to enjoy it, even though I’m sure it’s fine, I just don’t want to take any chances. Plus we’re not really letting her have any chocolate.  But in my research to see how long the pie would last with raw eggs in it I came across another blogger who made the pie with a, wait for it…pretzel crust! OMG it sounds so amazing and I really wish I would have found this before because I totally would have done that. Next time. Because I will be making this pie again! And it was really really simple.

My crust isn’t improving. I think my nails are a part of the problem when I flute. might need to try a knuckle.IMG_1333Melt chocolate (in micro)IMG_1336

Cream butter and sugar.IMG_1337

Add in chocolate and vanilla. then eggs (one at a time) and mix mix mix.IMG_1340

Pour in cooled shell.IMG_1342

Make pretty (spread it out)IMG_1345

Refrigerate then eat!IMG_1348

Later we added fresh whipped cream. so so so good.IMG_1349

Ok. Go make it. You can thank me later!

No comments:

Post a Comment