Friday, September 5, 2014

Project Pie: Week 8

So who’s sick of pie yet?? Not us!! Adam made the pie late this week due to our ILL trip and the cold he came home with. But I don’t think finishing up this pie by next week will be an issue…it’s good.
Adam is on Custard Pies and much to my surprise he did not choose Pecan. He said he was saving that one for the holidays. (Look at my little planner) Instead he chose Pear Cheesecake!
IMG_1260[1]
While I was off dancing Adam was home making his pie and not taking any pictures. He even said “I was going to…then I forgot” So there are only a few…but by now you know what it looks like to make a pie.
IMG_1262[1]
Also he cheated and bought a gram cracker crust. (he’s made one before so it’s not like he didn’t know how).
IMG_1261[1]We ate the pie the next day for breakfast and it was good! The perfect consistency and flavor. I would have like the pears to be a little more mushy, but again that’s my whole aversion to chucks in my baked goods.  I’m pretty sure the pie won’t last until the end of the weekend…shucks, pie again? IMG_1264[1]
Next week: Refrigerator pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment