Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Ah Sh*t

Charlie’s vocabulary is growing daily. We’ve been working on getting her to “use her words” instead of pointing and grunting. She worked really hard at Happy Birthday for Adam, but only mastered the Happy. It’s been fun and amazing to watch her develop her language.

Well yesterday morning my sweet smart little girl learned a new word.

Shit

Yup. Clear as day and proud as could be, she said Shit.

Why? Well it wasn’t because I was watching a toddler inappropriate TV show, like Weeds or listening to an explicit version of the new Maroon 5 album. I would NEVER do that. (I totally did both of those things)

Nope the reason my cute, innocent, bible reading daughter said shit was because she was watching her mommy get ready for work. And when mommy realized she was running late she said “oh shit, I’m late”

Then my pretty little girl looked at me, smiled her adorable little smile and proudly said Shit. Shit shit shit.

Adam reprimanded me from the bedroom. I quickly went into damage control. “Yes Charlie, you are sitting. Sit on the counter. Stand up. Sit and Stand. Good girl. Sit Sit Sit.”

Not sure it worked, but we’ll go with it for now. In the mean time I’m going to go enroll myself in Potty Mouth school.

Sorry Charlie, but this word is not going in the baby book.

No comments:

Post a Comment