Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I’m officially on Drugs…

At my last check up at the drs. I left with a load of Rx’s. 

One of which was for Clomid.

It’s a fertility drug that’s supposed to boost ovulation, in short, get you knocked up.

After receiving positive results from my blood work and my HSG Dr. Perkins said this was the next step.  That and getting Adam tested (I had a Rx for him too)

So with detailed instructions, I began the 5 day dosage on Saturday.  Luckily I didn’t notice any side effects, which are said to be like PMS.  The only other BIG side effects is multiples. As in more than one baby, if pregnancy is achieved.  While I have a bunch of friends rooting for this it is actually not that common and only happens like 1% of the time. I told the dr. as long as I don’t end up with a litter I’m fine with taking it.

Adam went in for his testing and those results will be ready in a week or so.  And well, we’ll just have to wait and see if my new drug does the trick.

I had a hard time with deciding to take the drug.  I always said, even before Adam came along, that I’d have as many children as God saw fit.  And well, taking something like this, to me seems like acting like god. It just doesn’t seem natural. But Adam pointed out that my parents had to take medicine to get Joseph (that’s why he’s so slow!! Winking smile).  And then you have to look at all the unhappy, unhealthy crack addicts that get knocked up every other year and raise children in a way no one should be raised.  I realized that if God really doesn't want it to happen, he won’t let it happen, with or with out drugs.  So I popped my first pill and said a little prayer. 

Here’s to 1 maybe….2 babies, but again, that’s all in God’s hands.

image

No comments:

Post a Comment