Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I’ve Survived

Adam comes home tomorrow night. And boy am I ready to have him back. It’s the little things I’ve missed the most.  I’ve been fine walking the dogs 3xs a day ( I usually do only 1x) I haven’t had to make dinner ( unless you call a loaf of French bread and a wedge of brie dinner). I did find some upsides to him not being home:  I can listen to country music all I want and I can set the air to 80 degrees.  And I can sleep on “his” side of the bed. Which has been a minor debate since we got married.  Maybe I can pretend he’s still gone and keep sleeping there when he gets back, maybe he won’t notice…

So what have I been doing?

Watching Madmen, Sewing and Seeing friends.  The 10 days have gone by pretty quickly. I have one more night to finish up my projects and do some laundry before I have to pack us up for our NC trip on Friday.   I’ll be more then happy when I see him emerge from the tram tomorrow night and I don’t look forward to the next time he goes away, but now that I’ve done it I know I’ll be able to do it again. Before we met I was very independent, and still am to an extent, but I would just much rather go through life, however uneventful, with my partner besides me. 

Fly home safe honey, and don’t forget to stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment