Monday, September 19, 2011

Happenings…

I realize I tend to post in spurts…like I’ll have all these posts for a week and then 2 weeks go by and I’m like-oops.

So here’s what’s been going on…in no particular order..

1:

Adam liked his cake.

IMG_7421

Took us a week to eat it.

IMG_7424

He’s already talking about me making it for Thanksgiving.

IMG_7425

2:

I was busy sewing for a week, while Adam was in California, for our new niece Zoe.  After finding out she was a girl I could finish the quilt with all the bows. If it was a boy I wasn’t going to do the bows.

IMG_7275

I tied 48 tiny little bows…IMG_7277

The back is a nice fine fleece.IMG_7279

She also got some new outfits. 2 of which were 1st timers for me:

IMG_7261IMG_7266

And I attempted my first time sewing with a knit.  I was really proud of the way my onesie was turning out until I realized the PATTERN was incorrect and my leg pieces where short. But I was beyond fixing the issue by the time I realized it. So the crotch of poor Zoe’s onsies was all jacked up. Lucikily she’s too young to realize it and I fixed it as best I could when I got up there. IMG_7263IMG_7264

I love the fabric I used for the jumper.  I bought it on super clearance last fall from Fabrics.com.  IMG_7262And this pattern was pretty easy to do-so I’ll be making more of these. Kylie, want a new jumper?

I also loved this romper and the sweet polka dot print. 

IMG_7268

I knew it was a risk picking this fabric as that precious blue is know as Carolina Blue in North Carolina and Zoe’s Dad is just like my husband…a big Carolina Hater-they went to NCState.  But josh was  sick of all the pink…so maybe she’ll get to wear it…just not at an NCSU game.

The last piece I made for her was one I’ve done a few other times. I think it’s the cutest little romper – and I hear Zoe got her photos taken in it already. I can’t wait to see!

IMG_7271

This fabric is super sweet too. It’s bunny Toile. I liked the fabric so much that when it was on sale I bought it in pink, blue and green!IMG_7273

3.

We made the long trip in the car (9.5 hours) to North Carolina to meet Ms. Zoe over Labor Day weekend.  It was a nice relaxing time with family.  We played cards, ate, drank, held the baby, fed the baby and danced with Ms. Kylie.  I wish we lived closer so that we could do this more often.  Here are some of my favorite photos from that weekend.

IMG_7319IMG_7323

We had bought this glow-sea horse for Kylie and she didn’t put it down the whole weekend. It was her baby SmileIMG_7297IMG_7335

now I know where Adam gets his smiling abilities from!IMG_7336IMG_7344

Big girls!IMG_7353IMG_7370IMG_7381

Zoe Slept a lot while we were there…makes for great cuddles.IMG_7383IMG_7392

Rare awake time with her that weekend. I think she likes me.IMG_7407IMG_7412IMG_7414

4:

Adam had Ultimate Sections this past weekend. His team played 3 games Saturday and 2 on Sunday.  I made it down to support him both days and enjoyed the fresh air despite the hot sun.  His team came in 2nd and will be headed to Regionals in Little Rock AK in a few weeks.

IMG_7494IMG_7517IMG_7522'

I love this faceIMG_7566

5:

I go in for my Biopsy Wednesday morning. As I said before, I’m not worried, but your prayers are always appreciated.  I’m almost 2 weeks without Caffeinated Coffee.  I did cheat and have a couple of Arnold Palmers this weekend-but I figured the tea in those is pretty weak anyway…

6:

Jordan is the best Pre-rinser.  The other night after tacos we put the pan on floor for Jordan to clean it up.  We always put the pans just outside of the kitchen. That why they’re not always under our feet when we cook.  Well we came back in a while and found she had moved the pan into the kitchen and wedged it into the corner. Her head was crammed into the pan and basically under the toe kick! We laughed so hard and luckily got to snap some pictures.

IMG_7432IMG_7433

7:

Today is our anniversary. It’s been 2 years and it’s been wonderful. We’ve been through a lot in this last year, but we never focused on the bad.  We both always have such positive attitudes.  My friend Kristi, who has had a horrible year, said to me: “Pleva, I love you and the la la land you live in.  It’s so not reality. Don’t ever get out of it. I wish I could live in such denial”. But I don’t think we live in denial nor are we naïve to the fact that bad things happen to good people, including us.  We just know that as long as we have each other-we’re going to get through it, together.

All you need is love.

exit

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So there you have it- a super big long catch up post. We have a busy week ahead of us. Russ arrives Thursday and Hockey season is firing up.  We still have lots to do around the house, parties to plan and of course Fun to be had.  Have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment