Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Distance Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

True. But I already love my husband so much I don’t need it to grow anymore.  Which is why it is going to be so hard without him for 10 days!  I have friends who’s husbands travel and I really don’t know how they do it. I guess they get used to it. But Adam and I have never been apart in the 4+ years we’ve known each other longer than 5 days.
He’s in California for an install.  He’ll be there until late on the 2nd. His birthday is Saturday the 27th of August. He’ll be spending it in an Econo Lodge by LAX Sad smile.  Not the Birthday celebration I had planned. But I did promise him a cake-his favorite Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte. I haven’t made it in quite a long time and he’s been asking for it for a while.  So sometime in September, after we return from North Carolina, we’ll celebrate his birthday.
Until then it is just me and the dogs.  I’m hoping to use this time to finish up gifts for the new baby, catch up on some reading and trying out a new Yoga Studio I have a Groupon for.  I’m sure I’ll get used to him being gone, but I can guarantee I’m not going to like it.

1 comment:

  1. Try to enjoy doing those things you wouldn't normally get to do when he is around! Shane was working in Puerto Rico for his 30th so I can definitely sympathize with you! Hang in there. :)
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete