Thursday, March 6, 2014

Songs

When Adam and I were planning our wedding (5 years ago!) we needed to pick out a song for our first dance. We didn’t have a “song” but there were certain songs that I had come up in our short 1.5yr relationship that would have worked. The first song that came to mind that I thought he’d be all over was You are the Best Thing by Ray LaMontagne, but he shot it down saying he’d heard it to much. (I guess I overplayed it oops) So I began searching the web for the perfect song to present to him.

Last week I came across the play list I had made.  As I listened all those feelings that the songs evoked in me at that time of my life came rushing back. What you want in a life partner, what that person means to you, what defines the two of you. And one song, When You Love Someone, still resonates the most with me. (It was my top choice) I just love this song...It explains everything I felt and still feel about love. Bryan Adams…you nailed it.

When you love someone you'll do anything
You'll do all the crazy things that you can't explain
You'll shoot the moon, put out the sun
When you love someone
You'll deny the truth, believe a lie
There'll be times that you'll believe that you could really fly
But your lonely nights have just begun
When you love someone
When you love someone you'll feel it deep inside
And nothing else could ever change your mind
When you want someone, when you need someone
When you love someone...
When you love someone you'll sacrifice
Giving everything you got and you won't think twice
You'd risk it all no matter what may come
When you love someone.
Yeah
You'll shoot the moon, put out the sun
When you love someone

In the end we picked a remake of a classic. (I now wish we had just used the original, but we needed a longer/slower version.) We both love The Beatles, so In My Life was our final decision.

It’s our song, I smile every time I  hear it. I am transported back to that beautiful September evening where we swirled in the middle of over 200 people and my husband sang the words I love you more in my ear.

Do you have a special song or songs. Music has always moved me…And it already moves Ms. Charlie. Sad face…start singing Wheels on the Bus…she can’t but smile and clap along!

No comments:

Post a Comment