Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thirty

30 weeks

Wow, what a difference 2 weeks makes! I finally, after 30 weeks, feel and look pregnant. No blaming it on carbs and beer anymore!

The last two weeks have been ok. I was starting to go a little stir crazy.  Adam was gone most of both weekends so it was harder when I wasn’t working.  I have been lucky to have friends drop by and even drop of treats and meals (Adam was even more thankful he didn’t have to cook!)

I have kept busy with work, watching 5.5 seasons of The Office (in chronological order), Learning to embroider (thanks to my friend Rebecca) and attempting to read a few books here and there.

But, after 4 weeks on bed rest there is a light at the end of the tunnel! We had a great check up with Dr. Young yesterday.  My cervix is now at 2.8 cm (up from 2.3) which he said some people would argue is normal. With that said and the fact that I’ve hadn’t had any issues I am now on modified bed rest for the next two weeks. That means I can sit up, walk around the house, go outside and in the pool and even go out to dinner. I can’t go crazy and I’m still taking it really really east, but it was so nice to accompany Adam to Home Depot last night to pick up some paint.

At my next check up if everything looks good I should be able to add a bit more activity. And if at 34 weeks I’m still in good condition and stable I can go back to a normal life! That’s two weeks off my “sentence”! That means I can go back to work and get back to reality!  I still can’t go to California (Dr. said that would be pushing it) So my mom will come down and stay with me while Adam is gone and she will stay until my shower in November. An extra set of hands will really be appreciated and the company too!

So with that said, I have a much better outlook now that it might be 4 more weeks instead of 6. I’m also so excited to be able to move around a little more. The sono tech said that would be good for the baby and helping her flip, as she is still breach, and in the splits. One of her legs is down kicking at my cervix and the other is up by her ear. Little ballerina if I do say so.  Oh, and she officially has my nose, poor thing. But we still think she’s super cute.

PA022021

Happy October everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment