Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sleeping Apart

It’s been a rough week for sleep in our house.  Sunday night I had a bad case of insomnia. imageAfter tossing and turning for over an hour and a half I got up, took a sleeping pill, and headed to the couch to read my book. 

It was cooler and quieter out in the living room.  I couldn’t get over how quiet it was…no dog snoring or slamming its head on the underside of the bed. No husband breathing deeply while radiating 100 degrees  off his body. No whirling fan… Just quiet.

It 2 am the clock chimed and broke my silence so I got up and shut it off.  At 2:30 I turned of the book (it was on the ipad) and snuggled down to try and sleep.  By 3 am I was out.

Adam woke at 5 and not knowing where I was came out to find me on the couch. As he left for work I crawled back into our bed to grab an couple more hours of sleep.

Monday night, I was determined to fall asleep. I was exhausted and went to bed early.  Luckily I slept all through the night. I awoke when my alarm went off refreshed and ready to get up.  When I rolled over I saw the other side of the bed empty.  I thought to myself, did he leave for work and not say goodbye? What day is it? So I got out of bed and sure enough there he was sleeping on the couch. 

He said the fan was bothering his nose, but he didn’t want to turn it off for fear I would get hot and wake up. (side note: I was so cold I put flannels on over my night gown!)  So knowing that he had a few more hours to sleep before he had to go into work I moved him back into the bedroom where he quickly fell back asleep.

This morning when I woke up we were both in the bed.  Adam had gotten home from work around 2:30 and while I woke up to say goodnight, we both promptly fell into a deep sleep.

All is right in the Young House.  We will not be getting separate beds.

image

No comments:

Post a Comment