Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Great “Chair” Debate

With table top firmly in place and the sides being constructed I am now pondering the big decisions of which chairs to buy.

I have found TONS of chairs I love, but (there is always a but) they (the TONS of chairs I love) are WAY too much money (for me that is).

I would like to keep it to under $50 a chair. So if you figure we’re starting with 6 that’s $300.  That’s $100 more than my current dining set cost out the door. It’s just a lot for me to swallow. Especially when I’m looking at molded plastic chairs!  But we have to be able to sit down and I want it end up like my vision.

Remember my inspiration for this whole thing?…over a year ago!

reclaimed%20wood%20dining%20table

Alright-back to the chairs.  I’ve been going back and forth Black or White Black or White.  And I think I’ve decided White-even though there are more (affordable!) options in black.  Most of the furniture in that room is Black…so I feel like we need some more white.

So with out further ado…these are the contenders.

Nils from Ikea-$70

image

He also comes with arms-$80 (he might be a “future” purchase)

image

Wal-mart choice-$35 (might be disqualified due to bad reports)

image

Amazon find – set of 2 for $99 (solid wood)

image

Gilbert-Ikea-$40 (He stacks-so that’s a plus)

image

Erland-Ikea-$60 (molded plastic-looks a little too scholastic)

image

Boujan-Overstock-$118 for the pair

image

Quindel –Vive Décor- $122 for the pair (might leave weird marks)

image

And the overpriced dream chairs:

CB2-$120 for 1 chair

image

Meijer-$80 (I’m going to watch for a sale!)

image

And the evil dark chairs…with their good deals, sleek designs and taunting sets of four!

Overstock-4 for $136 – Stackable-scratch proof-hose down-able

image

Meijer-4 for $156- stackable-padded!

image

Target-2 for $70 Stackable-oh so cute

image

So there you have it…now it’s decision time. We’ll be buying 6 chairs to start, either in pairs or singles.  Any that you think rock more than others?  Who knows-you might be sitting in one someday-so choose wisely!

3 comments:

  1. I like the Nils from Ikea (armless) and the last pair from Target. Are the Nils made of plastic or are they covered with white fabric? cause if they have fabric you can always upholster them or dye them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we LOVE the Nils, both armed and unarmed. and it is upholstered and we'd keep it white-but luckily the cover does come off and i can wash it if i need too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way on the Nils, love the combo of the Idkea Gilbert or Erland.

    ReplyDelete