Monday, August 23, 2010

Change is in the air

Change is good-usually. 
Change is exciting, new, scary.
I have never been one to adapt well to change. I’ve only made 3 big leaps in my life.
1. Going to college-I was sooo ready.
2. Moving to Florida-scary and exciting.
3. Getting married-or more so-living with Adam! I’m used to it now :)
I do remember one change that I was NOT happy about. Jonathan.
Yep, my little brother. 
I recall throwing a HUGE temper tantrum when I found out my mom was pregnant-I was 10 years old. I’m talking lock myself in the bathroom and cry in the shower screaming that she was ruining our family temper tantrum.
Fast forward 8 months-I was the proudest big sister on the block and I loved that little boy so much.  He was my special little man. I got over the change-and it was good.
There have also been deaths, breakups, jobs, roommates…but I’ve gotten through them all.  I’ve survived the changes life has thrown me. Those are easy.
It’s the changes that YOU chose, that scare the crap out of me. Those BIG decisions that will change EVERYTHING.
We may be in the midst of one of those right now.  Adam is, as I type this, interviewing for jobs…in North Carolina.
It had been my prompting to get out of Florida.  Our decision to move closer to family. But now that it may be real…I'm scared. I’m nervous. Our whole life could change.
But as I listened to him recount his first interview to me, the excitement in his voice, his happiness, I relaxed.
As I touched down last night, alone, in Tampa, I thought “I wish I wasn’t landing here”.
Yep change is in the air.  We may not have a change of seasons here in Florida, but we’re making our own.  The Young’s they are a changin’.  We’re moving forward, together, happy, healthy and in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment