Friday, June 25, 2010

Baseball

Three years ago today I got a text mid day from the guy I had a MAJOR crush on - and who I had a date with on Thursday night.

It said: "Anyone up for the Baseball game tonight?"

I rushed into my friend Kristi's office, while my heart sped up.  "What do you think? Should I go?"
YES! was her answer. 

So i replied-"I'm in" and butterfly's started to turn in my stomach.

After work I headed over the bay to St. Pete, found a parking spot and started walking up to the stadium, where Adam was waiting, with my ticket.  I spotted him, looking cool with his baseball hat and cargo shorts.  He smiled at me as I approached and we gave each other the cordial "hug".

"Who else is coming?"  "Just us" he informed me

WHOA!!! Is this a date?!?!!? I thought as those butterfly turned into a tornado.

We headed up to the bar his friend was working at-and after they said their hello's he introduced me and she did a double take with him (Are you on a date?!?!) she asked him..... he just smiled.

So we mosied up to the bar and he asked what do you want? 


"I'll take a Coors light and a shot of whiskey"  Whoa! this chick doesn't mess around they said. 
Now, to be clear I don't usually take my beer with a side car of jack, but i had a horrible cough and needed to kill it.

The night proceeded with us hanging out at his friends bar and Adam was even chosen to be the "Cash King" for the game and ended up wining some $!

I don't know who won the game-or even who was playing-he does though. We decided afterward to go to limeys for a bite to eat.  He wanted to make sure I was OK to make the long drive back home.

When we finished up we headed out to the parking lot and it was there at the door to my Civic that we discussed our "date" for later in the week.

And then Adam leaned in and kissed me good night.

Our first kiss on our first "unofficial" date in the parking lot at Limey's three years ago today.

It still makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment