Friday, July 2, 2010

A 1st for the 4th

Found out YESTERDAY that Adam has off Friday (today) AND Monday. I get off Monday, but am working today.




Let's go somewhere! I exclaimed when he told me.



North Carolina was tossed around and seriously considered, but 11 hrs in the car; not one of my favorite things to do.



Last night I looked for some closer options...but found none. Then when I got to work today I looked some more-in an area to the north of us, Cedar Key, and found just a bit further north Manatee Springs State Park.



Yep, you heard me right-Camping.

Gulp.



We've been trying to go camping together for a year or so now...with the dogs, but it has never panned out.



Believe it or not there was one reserved spot left on this big holiday weekend. With the storm clouds rolling through Tampa and the temp near 90-I booked it.



I just NEEDED to get away-NEED to go someplace new. Explore. Get out of TAMPA! And honestly camping sounded fun. (yes I did say fun-I must be ill)



We promise to take lots of pictures and I’m sure there will be some stories.

I might end up sleeping in the car, I might whine and complain or I might not. We might have the time of our lives. But whatever happens we're doing it together-all 4 of us for the 1st time.



Jordan and Bruiser have no idea-and I have a feeling they're going to FREAK out when we tell them.



We wish you all a safe and happy holiday weekend~ God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment