Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Head over heels

I now FULLY believe in "love at first sight". 

When I first saw Adam,  I thought "wow, he's hot."  But I didn't think OMG I love him.  Maybe, "he's hot, I hope I can love him." 

This past weekend I saw somebody and my heart did a flip.  It started to melt and ooze into by ribs.  I looked at this person and immediately fell head over heels in love with them.  So did Adam.




We spent a nice long weekend in Wilson, North Carolina visiting Adam's Sister and Brother-in-law Alyssa & Nick, the happy new parents.  For four days straight we ooo'd and Ahhh'd at Ms. Kylie Jean as she slept, cried and kicked her little arms and feet.  And is she little.  All those clothes I made for her won't be fitting for a while- I may have to make some alterations.  But I would do anything for that precious little girl with the sparkly blue eyes.

Adam's dad, brother and sister-in-law also came over/down to visit so it was a standard Young weekend of cards and cocktails.  Kylie also got to go to her first baseball game and even got a card signed by the Mudcats mascot-Muddy. 

There were about 100 flash bulbs going off a minute for our 8lb celebrity and we have close to 300 pictures of her and some precious video of her kicking her legs and waving her arms.  If I can figure out how to upload any I'll share it.  I could watch it over and over.

Adam was born to be a father.  He was so good with her; holding her, rocking her, feeding and changing her diaper-something he'd never done before; now he's a pro.  Seeing him with that little girl made my eyes swell up as I looked at the future father of our unborn children.  I cannot wait to see him hold his own-someday. :)


We love our Kylie Jean and all the time we got to spend snuggling and rocking her and just plain watching her explore her new world with those big eyes.  I only wish we weren't 662 miles away. 
Someday-maybe we won't be.




No comments:

Post a Comment