Thursday, October 9, 2014

Project Pie: Week 13

When I got back (LATE) from NH Sunday night the last thing I wanted to do on Monday was bake a pie. I was ready to just throw in the towel. But by Tuesday I had got some sleep and didn’t want to disappoint Adam (who was salivating for pie). And when I found this recipe in our book for a pie that didn’t have a crust I was all over it!

Miracle Custard Pie:

IMG_1587

As you can see…no crust! And you make it in a blender! It took me about 5 minutes to put all the ingratiates in.IMG_1588

10 seconds later…IMG_1589

I mixed the coconut right in the blender (with a spoon) then into the pan it went. Topped it with some nutmeg and done. Total time…maybe 10 min.

IMG_1591

40 minutes later…IMG_1592

The pie needed to chill so the next day we had it for desert.IMG_1595

It cut easily and we had no issue getting it out of the pan.IMG_1594

Charlie inhaled her piece and started getting fussy when she couldn’t get it on her fork fast enough. Adam and I thought it was ok. It definitely tastes like custard. And that’s about it. We don’t love it, but we don’t hate it. I think with some tweaking (adding a little flavor) it could be something special and an easy go-to-pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment