Friday, March 30, 2012

Tea-Party Success

No, Adam & didn’t join the Tea-Party movement. I don’t even know if we understand that Parties policies. But I’m pretty sure they’re not as fun as the Tea-Party I hosted for book club in honor or The Forgotten Garden!

Wednesday night I had 11 lovely ladies over to our place for a “tea” party.  I use quotes because there was only one women who actually drank tea and the rest of use were using our tea cups for, well, other things…Red wine, sweet tea vodka, Makers and sweet tea, white wine, tequila rose….you get the idea. (you want to be apart of this book club, don’t you)P3281066

It was a great night-we all crowded around our large dining table and enjoyed finger sandwiches, salad and yummy desserts.  I loved being able to use our china, which we only use on holidays. Most of the tea cups still had stickers on them, because we’ve never used them! And seeing as it was a Victorian themed book, I even pulled out the antique silver we purchased back in January.

P3281067

We discussed the book for…20 min…but the rest of the time we just enjoyed each others company, while poor Adam stayed in the guest room-outcast from his own house! (Good sport) The ladies had such a good time that when they all left I finally looked at the clock and it was 12:10 am!! We’ve never gone that late! And I had this to contend with in my sink.

download (2)

By 1 am I was in bed and the house was clean. Our new book was selected (The elegance of the Hedgehog) and we’re already excited for the next meeting (French Themed!).

Gotta love mid-week girls nights!

P3281068FYI Dried Red Wine stains do come out of porcelain china Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment