Thursday, October 20, 2011

Bridal Shower Success

Wow! What a weekend. Talk about a lot of work!  I started off on Friday with Krista picking up folding chairs and then we hit up Total Wine and more where we selected 10 different bottles of Champagne. 

Saturday I met Tara for a pedicure (which took forever!) then I headed on my way to south to buy smoked salmon-where I had to wait for some old guy to drop off his mackerel.  Finally I was able to head North to Kristas house where we began our laying out a plan for the party.

PA150245

After we had lists in hand we headed to Publix to get all the food.  Then it was all over looking for a few last minuet thing.  At last we were back at Krista’s ready to begin our prep.

Sunday was an early morning-I woke on my own at 6:30, anxious to get going. We still had three quiches to make and a back yard to set up along with a few more errands.  You see the night before I had made chocolate covered strawberries. And for some reason I put them in the freezer.  It wasn’t until we were at a friends house watching the football game that I realized that was a BAD idea. As soon as we got home I took them out and put them into the refrigerator…where they slowly started to thaw…and turn to mush. So you see, I had to make another batch of chocolate covered strawberries on top of everything else!

PA150247

We worked all morning… PA150249IMG_7616

And even opened the first bottle of champagne at 10am (official Brunch time). 

PA150250

The first guest arrived 10 minutes early and since we were still setting things up she was handed a loaf of bread and instructed to cut.

Once 1 o’clock came are around we were ready to go and the rest of the guests arrived.

IMG_7634

They were told to find their glass and start having fun.

IMG_7620IMG_7621IMG_7626

IMG_7651Doug’s mother and sister with Tara

IMG_7625

IMG_7628

We couldn’t have asked for a nicer day.  There was a nice breeze and the sun was out.  We did end up moving the tables into the shade, but only after a few complaints about the sun from some of the ladies.  picky picky.

IMG_7641

IMG_7643

IMG_7640

By the end of the day I was exhausted. 

IMG_7693

I was told that it was the best bridal shower some had ever been to and that I should give up architecture and do party planning.  But there is no way I could do that all the time.  

IMG_7692

After most of the women had left we quickly cleaned up and packed up all my dishes and I headed home at 6:30 ready to crawl into bed. The party was a success.

IMG_7617

No comments:

Post a Comment