Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Visitors Galore

Adam and I have had a plethora of visitors over the last few months. Some who stayed with us and others we traveled to see. Spring break is always a busy time in Florida and living near the gulf we've become a popular destination.

My parents came for a visit at the end of February to bring my grandma back to Michigan. They were here around 5 days and we made our annual visit to the Renaissance Festival. Dad, Adam & Uncle Doug also installed an Ice Maker in our 30 year old fridge (which we just replaced!). And mom took dad to see Wicked (her 3rd time). It was a nice visit as always and having the extra room sure does help!

My Aunt Sandy and a friend came over for dinner one night on their Florida vacation then they had a change of plans so they came and stayed with us for a couple of nights at the end of their stay. We were treated to a yummy steak dinner one Monday night after work. mmmmm It's nice not to have to do the cooking :)

A few days after the Grand Rapids ladies head back up north we picked up Adam's cousin Leanne who had flown in from Milwaukee. We had a packed weekend of fun with her-which began with the Tampa Bay Downs Festival Day. I think I won $10 on my horses and Adam won big once, but more importantly we had a good time.

We took her over to Orlando and saw Ben Folds at the House of Blues one night, to our friends John & Ivee on a lovely Sunday afternoon for a pi(e) party and of course we took off a 1/2 day to celebrate St. Pat's in true American style. All had great time.

Leanne left us on Thursday to visit some more cousins and on Saturday I headed 1 hr south to visit with Felicia who was in the area for a short weekend. Adam stayed behind to do some work. Felicia, Ryan & I had a lovely day at the beach (my 1st of the year!) and a very nice visit. They will be married in 2011 and this was my first time seeing her since their engagement. I'm her matron of honor so lots of wedding planning was discussed. (poor Ryan).


The next weekend my cousin Beth and her family arrived at their condo on the gulf. So on Saturday I packed up and headed over to enjoy a weekend with them at the beach; Adam was away at a Frisbee Tournament. We had fun mixing daiquiris and grilling out. Sunday was rainy so we headed to the largest flea market I’ve ever seen. 3.5 hrs later, 2 pairs of knock off sunglasses and Beth’s dozen fake “Fende's” later we headed back. I definitely got my work out there.

Adam and I went over two more times during the week to visit before they left and we had a great time eating, drinking and playing cards. It's always nice to see the Baesch's.

The following weekend (Easter) Adam and I had invited my godson Logan up to go to Busch Gardens. He's tall enough to ride the coasters now....but after his first trip on the Mantua-he was good. Maybe next time. He had fun playing Wii, getting soaked (Adam) at Busch Gardens and building a fire at John & Ivee's later in the evening. We defiantly wore him out.






This past weekend Adam & I had no visitors, no plans, no obligations or invitations. It was MARVULOUS! We cleaned, we played, we ran errands and watched movies. We enjoyed each other’s company for 48 hours straight and it was by far the best weekend... ever. I love visitors and I love family. I love having plans and going places, but for once I loved not having all of that. We had a well needed relaxing weekend-which I have a feeling it will be the last of those for quite some time.



Enjoy the quiet when you can.


P.S.  If you're ever in the Tampa Bay area we'd love to see you! We have a bed with your name on it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment