Monday, April 19, 2010

New Toy

Adam and I went shopping yesterday for a new toy-a Crockpot cookbook. After success with pot roasts and a few other things people suggested he wanted to get more recipes. So with a gift card the big bookstore we headed out on the rainy Sunday to Borders.


We laid out about 10 different books, all with slow cooker recipes, and began going through the recipes. Our requirements were lots of 8 hr+ recipes, lots of one pot meals, and low prep time. I am the one who will get it started before work and I don't want to have to get up early to "prep". I barley have energy to prep myself in the morning.

After a good 20 minutes we finally decided on the biggest and most expensive book; it has 1400 recipes!





I pull out the gift card and start to laugh. It's for Barnes & Noble. Whoops. We put the book back on the shelf and drive the 3000' down to the correct bookstore. Luckily they had it (one!) in stock.



On the way home Adam begins looking through it and marking recipes that look good. I tell him we have lots of chicken in the freezer. We continued this over our dinner and tagged aprox 15 meals-all of which look easy and contain ingredients we already have! Bonus!



I love that he is excited about cooking and planning our meals. For tonight he chose Thai Chicken...he thought it sounded good-but I’m weary of the salsa & peanut butter sauce.....we'll see when we get home.



And on a side note the other big change this weekend-haircuts! It was Adam's 1st since before the wedding. He was long overdue. I jumped into the chair at the last minute decided I needed some sprucing up too.

No comments:

Post a Comment