Monday, August 18, 2014

Hello!

For Charlie’s 1st birthday we bought her a subscription to the Highlights “magazine”, Hello! 2014-08-17 15.52.28

If you are looking for something to get a little one I think it is the perfect gift. For one thing, it’s the gift that keeps on giving all year long (12 issues).  Charlie has really enjoyed them and gets excited now when they come in the mail.  She “reads” them and is even starting to understand the hidden picture page. (it’s very age appropriate in the level of difficultness)2014-08-17 15.51.53

I like them because they are not destroyable like a magazine and they are super light, unlike a board book.  I can easily grab a couple for long trips or church and I won’t weigh down my purse.  The stories and poems are short. The artwork is bright and cheerful. And they even give parents “tips” or variations you can use for each page. 

2014-08-17 15.52.09

This is probably the best $34 I’ve spent on a “toy” for Charlie. She loves them and we love them…win win.

(I also purchased a similar subscription (Baby Bug) for a friends little girl and they give it rave reviews as well. )

No comments:

Post a Comment