Tuesday, July 15, 2014

New Life(Style) Goal: A Pie a Week

Yep. Good ole pie. That's our new goal in life. I think it’s a good one too. Not for my waist line, but for general happiness…ha ha

So why? Well Adam, my cousin Chris, and myself were in a second hand store on Marco Island perusing the cookbook section and I came across this book: photo

We love pie and jokingly I said..oo lets make a pie a week, blog about it, then they can make a movie about us and we’ll become rich and famous. Well Adam being the go-getter pie lover jumped on the idea and we decided to do it…the making a pie a week thing.

So with our 36 year old pie book (that contains 169 recipes) we will choose and make 1 pie a week for a year. It will be an absolute miracle if we actually do it, but we’re going to have fun trying and tasting these old recipes.  I’m sure some will be flops but hopefully we’ll find some that are worth repeating over and over.

Sunday I made our first pie and while it was good, I won’t be making it that way again…nor using their crust recipe. But more on that later.  So do you have a favorite pie recipe or a pie that you’ve always loved but never tackled? Adam Loves coconut crème…so that’s one he’s looking forward to. And I’m anxious to perfect the peach pie (my mom’s is the best). Anyway wish us luck and maybe if you’re lucky we’ll you’ll get to sample one of our 52 pies!

1 comment:

  1. I love pie so much, and there's an awesome pie place near my studio called Four Twenty Blackbirds. They actually made a cookbook recently which looks amazing: http://www.amazon.com/The-Four-Twenty-Blackbirds-Book/dp/1455520519/ref=pd_sim_b_3

    ReplyDelete