Thursday, February 6, 2014

Thoughts-Love

I came across a post on Facebook on how to know if a guy is “boyfriend” worthy. I’m well past that stage, but I do have a young daughter who will someday have a boyfriend.  So I read the article and thought, did Adam meet these criteria? Luckily he did…but just to be sure I did what they suggested and replaced his name in the following:

Adam is patient, Adam is kind. He does not envy, he does not boast, he is not proud. He does not dishonor others, he is not self-seeking, he is not easily angered, he keeps no record of wrongs. Adam does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. He always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Adam never fails.

Sound familiar? Here is the actually passage:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. – 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Kind of neat isn’t it? But it is so true. Does your love stack up? Someday I’m going to have to listen to my daughter tell me how “in love” she is. Someday I’m going to have to hold her as she cries over her first broken heart. And someday I’m going to have to meet the love of her life. And I’m going to ask her…”does he measure up?” And when he does, I’m going to smile and give her my blessing. Because we all deserve true Love.

1 comment: