Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Weekend Firsts

We had a good weekend. It was my mom’s first weekend back so Adam and I took advantage of a live in babysitter and had a date Saturday night. Our first since the baby was born! I had purchased a discount coupon for a new wine bar in Ybor and thought it would make a fun date night.

clip_image002[9]

I changed my clothes 4 times before finally going back to my first outfit, which included my sparkle shoes that Adam got me for Valentines.

clip_image002

They were probably a little too fancy for the location, but I didn’t care! We had dinner at Tampa Bay Brewing Co. (location of our first date) then we headed to the wine bar where we each got a tasting flight.

clip_image002[7]

After the 5 samples we still had $ to spend so we decided to buy a bottle…then they informed us we could drink some and take the rest home. It was nine o’clock and my mom told us it was too early to leave so we had a glass and watched Michigan take on Syracuse.

Side note: 1 beer, 5 samples & a glass of wine is not a good thing to tackle on your first night back on the wagon. 4 am I was up…and it was not pretty :(

Sunday we had planned on going to the beach for the first time this year…and Charlie’s first visit ever! After church we packed up and headed out. I was trying my hardest not to die and drink as much water as i could. :/ After a subway stop and picking up my friend Kristi we finally made it to the beach 2 hrs after we left! It was hot and busy so mom bought us two cabana’s on the beach and we popped up Charlie’s new beach tent.

It was time for Ms. C to eat so we got situated under the cabana and tried to nurse. It was hot…I felt like crap…and for some reason Charlie was not happy. We tried this for about 30 minutes before I finally gave up. Luckily I had put some single serving formula samples in the diaper bag (and a bottle) so grandma gave her that and she gulped it down! After that she was the happiest baby at the beach! I was so lucky my mom was there to help out!

clip_image002[11]clip_image002[13]

Adam got a round of Pina Coladas and I started to feel a little better.

beach 3 clip_image002[15]

With a full belly Charlie napped like a pro in the comfort of her own cabana.

clip_image002[17]clip_image002[19]

When the cabana rentals closed up at 5:00 we headed to the pool to meet up with Tara. Charlie nursed once more (much better this time) before we headed home to a bath, pizza and Mad Men.

clip_image002[21]clip_image002[23]

It was so nice to get back to the beach. Adam and I love going so much. We talked about that first summer we dated and how we spent every weekend there. Hopefully we’ll be able to do that again and Charlie will become an beach bum like her parents.

beach 2

No comments:

Post a Comment