Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hunting up North

Adam & I continue to keep the notion of moving up north in our heads and so I occasionally look at houses up there.

Once I found the perfect 1960’s house on a huge lot with tons of room and a lot of work to be done. (we want a home we can make our own-just need good bones )

Well he got an email from a company up in Raleigh regarding a job opening, so before he even called them back I jump on Realtor.com and look at what’s available.

Keep in mind I have some pretty specific likes and dislikes.

1. I do not want a house in a subdivision that was built on the cheap from a cookie press.  I didn’t go to school for 3 years busting my a** to go live in a cardboard box.  I just can’t do it.

2. The older the better. I figure if it’s still standing after 50 years they did something right.

3. Trees. I want trees and a BIG yard; 1/2 acre or more. We will have 3 dogs. something I just recently realized and kind of freaked me out.

4. 3+ bedrooms 2-1/2+ baths. (a 4/3 would be ideal)

5. A separate dining room and even a formal living room or den.

Today I found this:

Look! Trees!!!!

It’s a 4 Bed, 2.5 Bath; 2,721 Sq Ft on 1.04 Acres

I know I know-it looks like my parents house. But a coat of paint and it might have it’s own identity.

Hideous right??? but I’ve ALWAYS wanted a spiral stair Smile all it needs is an update…I swear.

 

Can you say cupboard space!!  Yes and more updating-but that’s what I want.

 

ya!!! double ovens!!!!

 

built-ins….I can fill those up thank you very much.

 

TWO sinks! I might have to sneak the wallpaper past Adam-but it would all come down and the carpet up!

 

All for me??? Is that cedar I spy??

 

Did I mention it has a “basement” BONUS (on and they did a killer job on the vacuuming!)

It also has a HEATED Garage-Ya for Adam! Oh and there’s an office and work shop and a fireplace!  man o man. 

ahhhhh the land of real-estate dreaming is fun…

No comments:

Post a Comment