Monday, September 13, 2010

Up North & WAY Up North

So we decided to spend a good 6 days in Michigan; my friend was getting married Saturday-so we made a vacation out it.
Adam had never been to our families cottage and it had been 3 years for me! So after we were picked up from the airport in Grand Rapids and a stop at my Aunt & Uncles we drove 3 hours North to my quiet heaven.
4/5 of my T.C. Cousins and my Aunt Pat were already there for a cook out. We had a great time talking and eating and sitting around the campfire.  I miss that. Being with family-impromptu like, although I planned this a few months in advance.
The next day we decided to take Adam on a tour of the area. We loaded up in the car and headed to Cedar to pick up some Jerky and hotdogs from Pleva’s meats. mmmmmmm
Then it was on to Sleeping Bear Dunes Nat’l Park.  I hadn’t been since I was probably 3.  I don’t even remember.   We took lots of photos of the spectacular views and even made the hill climb.  Although Adam would have been happy climbing down and up this:
IMG_3197
I said NO!. That is a boat down by the shore…and those are people climbing up!


IMG_3182
IMG_3203 Dad, Adam, me and mom at the Lake Michigan overlook


IMG_3214 Running down the dune!


We then headed to Leland, my favorite little town, for lunch at the Damn.
IMG_3220
IMG_3218
IMG_3216 

My cousin Wyman made this fish that stands outside of the Carlson’s Fishery.


After a fun day of playing fudgy we headed to Pentwater-2 hours south.  Dad and Adam rode in the back…and had a “good” time.


The first thing we did when we got in was see the puppies. And oh were they cute!!!
 IMG_3239   IMG_3231 IMG_3248
The rest of the weekend was low key (out side of the wedding celebration!) Weather wasn’t the greatest, but we made the best of it and did what we could.
IMG_3270 IMG_3268
Yes that’s Joseph on the latter of the lighthouse-he’s not too bright.


IMG_3277

IMG_3325 Mr. & Mrs. Monton.

It was a beautiful wedding-cold, but the sun came out just as they were exchanging vows and it was perfect! The 500 guest reception was over the top and we danced until the kicked us out at 2 am!

wedding4

wedding2 wedding 3

wedding It’s funny how well Adam fits in so well with my family.

wedding 6Dad & Tony-Father of the Groom


Sunday the sun did come out and we made it to the beach for Joseph’s “hidden kegger” the guys had fun playing volleyball and drinking beer while I napped in the sun.

 nap

beach

beach 3

boys

beach2


Overall it was a great, much needed trip and we were able to see a lot of family and friends.  It’s always nice to have time to do what you’d like.  This was our last planned trip of the year so it was bitter sweet for it to come to an end, but we do have lots more things in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment