Monday, March 21, 2011

3.14 on 3-13

Our friends, John & Ivee, always have the most creative ideas for parties (they’re spear heading the vodka infusing). After last years successful party, they hosted anther pi party…a day before Pi day.

I whipped up (ya…that’s a lie) slaved away to make the chicken pot pie that was such a hit with my folks and Adam.  I even got a little creative with my cut outs.

IMG_5168

It turned out just as good as the first time and the kids at the party said it was their favorite. Smile pat on the back.

As usual there were tons of pie’s all very interesting and oh so good.  While the standard pies were lacking it was definitely not a let down.  The most unusual and surprisingly good pie (I my book) was the avocado pie.  It looked just like a key lime, but was hard to categorize.  It wasn’t sweet or sour it wasn’t filling it was light and refreshing in a pallet cleansing kind of way.  Once I get back on Facebook, I’ll contact the cooks and get the recipe…even though Adam won’t touch it with a  10’ pole, I’d still like to try it out.

The weather has been increasingly nicer here and it was  a lovely afternoon sitting and catching up with friends we hadn’t seen in too long.

Adam was a slacker on the picture taking…so unfortunately I can’t share the glorious vision of all the pies….

Blueberries are in season soon…our mouths are already watering.  Time for PIE!

Do you have a favorite pie?

No comments:

Post a Comment