Monday, March 3, 2014

Mommy Monday-Episode

I had another “episode” Saturday evening. To be more specific…a panic/anxiety attack. But as much as those 2 hours sucked and freaked me out (why is this happening?? stop it! Stop it! RELAX!) I was able to pinpoint triggers and fixes. I journal about every episode so that I can recall when/what is going on. This was the first one since Charlie’s birthday. So I was thankful I got through 3 months without one!

First off, my main trigger: Charlie had a fever of 102.9. But I knew she was fine…and she’s teething. We had been out in the hot sun all day and she hadn’t had a decent nap. So why did it set me off?

1. I didn’t eat very well all day.

2. It was hot out/I was in the sun all day.

3. I hadn’t been sleeping well the last few night (Charlie was in our room due to guests in hers)

So what did I do to rectify it?

1. I laid on the bathroom floor to cool off with a cold rag until the shakes passed.

2. I did my breathing/focusing exercises

3. I prayed that I would get through it and told myself it would pass (positive thinking)

4. Finally I went for a walk outside (where it was much cooler)

5. Lastly I wrote about how what happened and what I did.

By the time Charlie and Adam woke up from their nap I was normal again. I did start to feel anxious Sunday morning before church…but I that was short lived and I got through it quickly. By the end of Sunday I was my normal self and was able to reflect back on what a great weekend we had with family.

And I always try to remind myself how lucky I am to have these two in my life. And that God has a plan and it will all work out how it’s meant to be.

hr_0772_444_930__0772444930009

No comments:

Post a Comment