Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sweating it out!

Back in May I bought a Groupon for 1 month of unlimited yoga classes at a local studio.  I put off starting it all summer.

Then a few weeks ago the same studio offered the Groupon again and Adam asked if it was indeed the same place. So he got one two and last week we went to our first Warm Yoga class.

Yep, I said Warm. We are too chicken to try the HOT class.  Warm is the studio at 85 degrees.  You would think that living in Florida that would be nothing…but it is. After a good 15 minutes of the Bikram series we are sweating. Adam a whole lot more than me.

image

I give him a lot of credit for doing this with me-I never thought I’d find a guy who’d be so gun ho about trying new different things.  But he is! (I do have yet to get him to a ballroom class…)

After our first class we realized that I had free drink coupons at a restaurant down the street so dripping is sweat we found a table on the patio and enjoyed nice cold beers and some very fattening sandwich's. Isn’t that why you work out?? so you can eat and drink what you want?? Winking smile  ha ha. While we enjoyed our dinner we discussed the challenges of the class and laughed at ourselves over certain poses that caused us trouble. 

Adam stated that it was very difficult to do Eagle Pose due to some male parts that seemed to get in the way and I thought it was difficult due to a couple of lady parts that got in the way! (fyi if you can’t figure it out….they both come in pair) I guess ideally for Yoga you should be built like a skipper doll! Oh well.  

image

After our second class we felt a lot better and more comfortable with the positions, except Rabbit-we don’t like that one.

image

But we’re looking forward to continuing twice a week and hopefully will improve our flexibility, state of mind and overall well being-that is as long as we don’t keep going for beers afterwards!  The best part is that we’re doing it together.  Happy Wife-Happy Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment