Monday, October 31, 2011

Scorpio?

So apparently my birthday was early this year. My sweet husband decided to buy me my present early so that I could use it when I make my bridesmaid dress.

PA300347

I had mentioned a few weeks ago that I wanted a serger for my Birthday or Christmas present and he went ahead and ordered one with the the notion of giving it to me early.  What he didn’t know as that it was going to be delivered (on Friday after he left for work) in the box above. No shipping box or packaging, just that box with a label slapped on it.

So you’d probably guess my surprise when I found it on my door step when I got home from work Friday evening.  I felt bad, but he didn’t seem to mind and even said he would wrap it if I wanted (I told him to save the paper.

PA300348

Sunday I decided to figure out how to use this bad boy and we had decided to make a table runner for thanksgiving as our test project.  After watching the DVD that it came with I learned how to thread the machine and which settings I’d need for a 3-thread rolled hem.  I sat down and gave it a whirl.

And…

PA300353

It turned out great! and it was super easy!  It took me 5 minutes to make the table runner(mom could have used one of these for my wedding)

I’m excited to use the machine and even plan on doing some napkins for thanks giving too! However I measured once and cut twice so I think I can only make five with the left over fabic…oh well. Anyway, this is going to make my outfits and all of my sewing have a finished look and hopefully make life a little easier.

PA300350

Happy Birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment