Thursday, August 4, 2011

I made myself a dress…

yep. 1st time I’ve made something for myself…well that I can remember.

It was a Wednesday evening, Adam was at tired and I had just bought a bunch of patterns at Joann’s for Tara’s wedding.

I went through all the fabric I had and looked at my patterns.  We were going to Atlanta for the weekend and I decided I wanted a sundress to wear since it’s so HOT in Atlanta.

I ended up choosing the same pattern I used to make Kristi her dress and a green fabric I had purchased months ago from Fabric.com.

IMG_6762

After a couple hours work I had this:

IMG_6761

which in this photo needs ironing…

But it’s super cute-super comfy and with a belt, wearable to work!

Hopefully I can find appropriate fabrics for the other pattern I purchased (for $1 on sale!) and can continue to fill my wardrobe with my own creations.

And now for the Master Card Breakdown:

Fabric: $2.99/yd

Pattern: $1

Thread: Already owned

Time: 2 hours

Having women in your office gasping when you told them you made it last night: Priceless.

And yes-this is a $4 dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment