Friday, April 1, 2011

Gator Girl

My friend Kristi is a big-BIG-University of Florida fan. (I almost wrote Florida State! After 8 years I still can’t keep them straight)

For a while now she’s been bugging me to make her clothes.  She’s got great style and a good eye and due to a new “enhancement” is in the search for a new wardrobe.

After seeing some of the pieces I’d done for Kylie-she said “seriously, I want you to make me some clothes-I want a Gator dress”  I found a simple pattern and last Friday we went out to JoAnn’s and picked out the fabric.

The dress was quick and easy to make….

Then she tried it on.  Kristi is teeny tiny-and the dress hung like a potato sake.  So we pinched and cut and took it in until it was just right.  I even did some after the fact darts (which aren’t that good-but she’s happy) 

IMG_5451

She’s going to wear it up in Gainesville and hopefully her family of women will go nuts and all want one and then we’re going to get busy making more.  But first I think I’ll make one for myself.

IMG_5457IMG_5458

No comments:

Post a Comment