Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Adventures in Single momville

This past weekend Adam was gone 3 nights for an Ultimate Tournament. It was the first time ever that I was alone overnight with Charlie, the champion sleeper and worlds best baby. That is until her daddy is gone and she’s got 12 molars coming in. The first night (thurs) was pretty rough. She was up at 10:30, 2 and 5. Each time it was an hour. She wanted to play or climb on top of me or eat or anything but sleep.

3 am reading…oh joy.

The next night wasn’t as bad since I gave her some Motrin around 2:45 (the first time she woke up) then not again until 6. But each time she would be screaming..and she’s always a greet you with a smile baby. Saturday night I gave her the Motrin before bed and she slept until close to 6:30! All I have to say is when I had a baby I had so much respect for all the single parents out there…..I had so much help…and I really didn’t know how they did it. Now I have even more respect! that stuff is hard. hard. hard. hard. God Bless you and your sanity. You single parents are rock stars in my book. I was so happy to have Adam home Sunday night. And have Charlie sleep all night long. She’s still teething and having some night time issues, but we’re praying those giant boulders break through soon and give all a good night sleep!

Now the other side of being with out Adam is our other “children”, Jordan and bruiser. Adam is the one who walks them in the morning and at night. I will walk them after work (after Charlie goes to bed) if he is working late. But with him gone I had to do all three shifts…with a toddler. I’ll admit l let her go out in a just a diaper a couple times. Classy.  Back to the dogs. They sleep in our room, but with Charlie causing all this ruckus the door was left open and they were out in the house for most of the nights. I believe Jordan slept on the couch since there was evidence of hair and (gross) dried blood from her old dog eye. And I was pretty sure bruiser was the one that got into the trash and strew Kleenex all over the room. Well I thought it was him until I took them out Saturday morning.

Stop reading now if you are eating.

Stop reading now if you are easily grossed out by the word dingle berry.

So Jordan was doing her business, for the second time that trip, and she was having some issues squeezing the last one out…and it was a big one. Wanting to get back inside I sucked it up took my bag and helped her out. Only thing was once the poop was out that wasn’t all that was there! I pulled out about 6” of this white tube like thing before it finally came free. OMG her intestines I thought!! But then I closer look I realized it was like a tightly twisted piece of fabric…it was an entire Kleenex…digested and pushed through her intestines and attached to her shit.  Once again single parents I don’t know how you do it. 

After that I made sure both dogs were locked in the room and the trash was put high up. I can only do that once…next time I think I may puke. 

So that in a nutshell was my weekend, well that and watching Adam come in 2nd at Nationals! I survived and I could probably do it again if I had to, but I really really don’t want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment