Saturday, March 17, 2012

Sew Spring!

Spring is in the air…well I guess living in Florida it’s always in the air…but even though we don’t get Spring Fever here, we do get Spring Breakers! So in honor of spring and the littlest spring breaker I’ll see this year I decided to whip up a couple of spring dresses for a few of the cutest girls I know.

Kylie will be celebrating her 1st Spring Break Disney Style and I was told by her mommy that she could use some new dresses.  Being the wonderful Aunt I am I figured that was my cue to make her her very own Florida Dress.

P3151043

I didn’t use a pattern on this one, instead I drew up a design and figured it out as I went.  And unfortunately I figured Kylie a lot smaller than she is…So this is Zoe’s new spring dress!

The next attempt (after getting proper measurements from Alyssa) went a lot quicker-since I knew what I was doing and where not to screw up. Within an hour I had Kylies dress complete and hopefully the right size!

P3151041

I can’t wait to see it on her & Zoe! Ya for matching cousin dresses! (Remember those Jill?)

Next up is Ms. Caroline.

2010-07-16 09.06.15

She is my oldest friend’s (Joelle) daughter and I had yet to make her something. And since Joelle just had her 2nd, Evan, I figured as long as I was making Evan something…

P3151047

Caroline should get something too.

P3151044

Again, I didn’t have the exact pattern I was envisioning for her dress…so I took one I did have (for a romper) and turned it into a dress.

P3151046

And the pleat on the front & back was a happy mistake.  Since I didn’t put the seam in the center that was on the pattern, the dress was slightly wider than the lining.  quick fix; add a pleat-make it cuter.

It’s been a while since I’ve sewed, and I’ve missed it. I’ve had so much fun the last few nights working on these while Adam has been at work.  Next up…matching “purses” to go with the dresses, because every little girl wants a purse of her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment