Monday, March 12, 2012

Original Art

I love art. And I think Adam appreciates it too.  But art is expensive-especially Original Art. So in order to fill our house with art I buy reprints or sometimes even cards of art and frame it.

P3151062Our 5x7 Clive Butcher greeting cards.

After purchasing Adam’s Photo Book, I began receiving emails from the company on more specials and deals.  A few weeks ago I received a deal I didn’t think we could pass up. They were running a special for 16x20 prints for $10 or $12 for metallic prints.

We have a blank wall in our bedroom that we had been planning on filling up with one of Adam’s photographs, so when this deal came through we jumped. 

After looking through some contenders I decided on the photograph that I have loved since the day he took it.  It’s from our trip to Amelia Island and it’s  of an old stump in a wetland. Adam agreed with my selection and I began touch ups in Photoshop to get it just right.

IMG_4591

When we got Adam’s book the cover had this really neat pearl sheen to it, we assumed it was the metallic paper so since we loved it so much on the book, we thought it would be great for the print.

After a week or so the print arrived and I reused an existing 16x20 black frame I already had-ya free! And then I hung it up where a lone nail has been hanging out for a year or so!

P3151059

I must say it looks great, so great that I really don’t want to hide it in our bedroom, but to save time doing a total rearrange of all the frames in the house, it will stay here for the time being.

P3151063

The metallic paper gives it  bit of that old silver print look, but it’s not obnoxious or gaudy. I love that we are able to have some real original art in our house and I’m even more lucky that the artist lives in the house with me.

And just for comparison:

Price of an un-framed Clyde Butcher 11x14 print: $150

Total price of our new 16x20 Adam Young: $17.57. Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment