Friday, March 2, 2012

Edible Art

This past month my book club read “Just Kids” By Patty Smith.  It was an intimate look at her life with Robert Mapplethorpe during the time before they both made it big in NYC.

image

The book was interesting, but nothing I would rave about.  I learned a bit about Patty Smith (totally had her confused with Chrissie Hynde)

imageimage

Seeing as the pair (Smith & Mapplethorpe) lived on basically nothing and would sometimes share a cheese sandwich, Tara (the host) decided that our Food theme would be Art as Food.

I began the Google search for ideas and found nothing that was even slightly capable of!

imageimage

Then I remembered something I had saw on Pinterest a few weeks back that I thought Adam would like.  I got all the supplies and started the night before. Then the day off I would put my “piece” together.

Lets see if you can guess what all this becomes…

P2280999P2281003P2281000

Any guesses???

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

None???

 

 

Give up?

 

 

 

Penguins!!

P2281002

A Whole Army of them!P2281006

Then for my presentation I cut up Tofu for blocks of ice and made an Asian sauce for the sea.

P2291011

Aren’t they so cute? Everyone at book club (and my work) raved about them. But the best part was that they were way easy to make, had a big impact and where a tasty treat. I only had one; I found it hard to eat something so cute.  I wish I could say there were more examples of Food as Art at our meeting, but besides a piece of brie with ears and a mouse nose…everyone else coped out.

No comments:

Post a Comment