Thursday, June 2, 2011

Things I’m diggin’ right now…

In no particular order…

Arugula.

image

Yes, I know who gests excited over lettuce?!?!  But seriously I’m loving it with all sorts of fixins’ and dressings. Oh lord, did I just say fixins’? uggg I swear I am not turning into a southerner!

But back to the the Arugula, we’ve had it simply with some lime juice and cilantro and salt. (from www.kellehampton.com) We also tried it with a fantastic Lemon dressing (that Adam chose) with some  parmesan cheese and grapefruit! But most recently, don’t laugh, with cottage cheese, blueberries, soy nuts and a raspberry vinaigrette.

Seriously go buy some arugula-it’s a nice change from boring ice burg or romaine.

Lemon Dressing: 1/4cup olive oil; 1/4cup lemon Juice; 1/4cup Water; 2Tbl Lemon Zest; 1Tbl Dijon; 1Tbl Honey; 1/4 tsp Salt; 1tsp chives.

Gray Nail Polish.

image

I finally ordered my Zoya Dove polish and can’t wait to try it out. I’ve been looking at all the stores for the perfect shade, with no luck, so when I saw free shipping…I jumped!

Lands End.

I, know, I’m a big dork destined for dorkville in mom pants and a minivan…at least that’s what Tara says.

It all goes back to my Long Shirt/Pants issue and how Lands End saved the day. But now I’m hooked and have been enjoying getting new summer shirts on sale for $7 and I am eyeing this super cute bikini…if only I could find my bikini body?!?!?! I’m grabbing it as soon as it goes on sale!

image

Yoga.

image

Who would have thought this can’t sit still dancer would look forward to going to Yoga?!?! Not me!

But my good friend Tara, has drug me along a few times and I’ve found that it’s good for my mind and my ever-less flexible body.  So thanks to Groupon I have 2 months of Yoga classes for a fraction of the price!  And I really am enjoying it. I can actually feel my brain vibrate as I just let go of all the chatter going on in there and focus on breathing. (although I must say last class toward the end I was thinking about the Arugula salad I was going to make when I got home!)

Our Groceries App

Yes, click it-there’s a link.  This thing is the best for busy people like us. Adam and I have it synced to both our smart (android) phones. He just adds something we need and if I’m at the store I pull it up the list and it’s all there! No more forgetting the list or not knowing that we’re out of milk.

It works for Android, Apple and Blackberry devices. It’s great. I love it. Go get it.

Adele/Christina Perri

I recently bought both of their new albums. (note: Amazon is way cheaper than iTunes. like $4 cheaper)

I can’t stop listening to them. These women are TALENTED and young (23&24)-they have LONG careers ahead of them. I have them on my phone (to play at home through my Bluetooth) and on burned on Cd’s for my car.

So good. Buy it. Enjoy. And soak it in. 

Fast forward to 1:00 get to the song…sooo good.

So what are you into right now? What’s on your Must list for this summer? Stay cool-have fun-and hit the beach if you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment