Friday, June 10, 2011

It's in!

I don't know how, but Adam brought our HUGE table up the stairs and into our condo by himself!  He did it yesterday at lunch-so it was a nice surprise when I got home.

Once we got it into the space we realized just how big it is...and we LOVE it.  We will easily be able to set the table with place mats and full china setting on both sides and still have room for food on the table!   However we did notice that it's too tall. :( Originally the goal was to make it tall enough that i could cross my legs in heels-something I can't normally do at most tables.  However when you sit down in a standard chair-the table hits right at mid chest on me-and I've got a looong torso.  So seeing as we hope to have this table for the duration of our life and host many family dinners at it-we figured our children and my mom would like to be able to eat without standing up we're going to cut the legs down 1-2".

The table still needs to be finished and the sides need to be constructed. Adam informed me that he would like a "biscuit joiner" so that he can do it at home. I told him to look on eBay and sure enough there are some for under $50-score.  Hopefully we'll get that all done sooner than later, but we are going on vacation in a week...so we'll see.  I'm excited to really show you the table-these phone pics don't do it justice nor can see the wonderful knots, grain and distressing of the wood.  It really is going to be a great piece.

Here's a photo-shopped picture of what it will look like once we complete the sides.

I'm really really digging it!
We've got a jam packed Sunday of projects and shopping-updates hopefully Monday.
Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment