Monday, September 8, 2014

“Shirt” Dress

A while back I came across this “How to” picture on Pinterest.

Toddler - Dress from Men's Shirt

And of course it just sat there in my “Make It” folder.

Fast forward to last spring when I was cleaning out a few things in my closet. I had a newish shirt from Lands’ End that was too short for me so it made the pile. And that pile of discards has sat by the back door all summer waiting for a ride to the donation bin.

IMG_1287[1]

Then I saw that Pinterest picture again and pulled out my blue shirt. I thought…I can do this. So, Saturday night, I did. It was the easiest and quickest dress I’ve ever made. (and cheapest!)

I used one of Charlie’s existing dress to figure out the length then I cut my two pieces and started to sew them up.

IMG_1289[1]

The top piece:IMG_1292[1]The Skirt:IMG_1321[1]

Sew the two together:IMG_1322[1]

For the straps I used some lace trim that I had bought last spring at an up-cycle store.IMG_1323[1]

IMG_1327[1]

I think it turned out really cute and I’m dying to make another one to improve on my design. So if anyone has an extra button up shirt lying around, send it my way!IMG_1324[1]IMG_1325[1]P.S. Forgive my model…she is against standing still.

No comments:

Post a Comment