Tuesday, September 16, 2014

PeePee Time!

Last Thursday Charlie started telling Ms. Jones when she had to go to the bathroom. Thursday and Friday she had only one accident after her self proclamation of going to the bathroom. Ms. Jones said “let’s do it!”
I tired all weekend.
“Pee Pee Charlie?”
“No”
“Charlie let’s go potty”
“No”
I set timers, I rushed her to the bathroom at the slightest crotch grab, I even went on the little potty myself!
Nothing worked.
All weekend long she SOAKED PullUps, training pants and diapers. The girl would not go in the potty.
On Monday Charlie had no accidents at daycare. She went all day on the potty. She told Ms. Jones "Jones! Pee Pee" and ran to the bathroom.
When we got home…she pooped in her pull up, which then fell out on the floor when I took her potty not knowing she had went.
Then she peed through her reusable swim diaper.
She soaked her training pants (and piddled on the floor)  I made her wipe it up, which she loved since she loves to clean.
Finally I packed up all her diapers and told her no more diapers and replaced their spot with her training pants.
She went commando until bath time.
I had to get her soap from my shower so I told her to go pee pee while the tub filled and I set her on her potty.
I came back in and she was trying to climb into the tub.
But….
there was pee in the potty!!!!!!!!

I high fived her, I cheered and clapped and gave her a sticker.
She looked at me like I was nuts.

But she finally went for me! (kind of..i wasn't in the room to witness it.)

Maybe she just doesn’t want to go in front of me. Or maybe she’s just defiant and likes to disobey her mom. (I have no idea where she’d get that from Winking smile)
I’m just happy she finally went at home.
I’m glad she is so successful at daycare.
And I’m hoping that she will continue to progress at home. Fingers crossed she’ll go again tonight!
But secretly there is a part of me that was so sad to pack up her diapers. My baby is growing up! NOOOOOOOO! But I guess this is just the first of many moments I’ll have to go through. That’s life! And I’m sure there are many more exciting adventures I’ll get to go through with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment