Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Ten things Tuesday

Well I haven’t done one of these in FOREVER! But, in no particular order here goes:
1. Charlie discovered slides. We took her to a park downtown Sunday before last and she had a riot! She would squeal all the way down, then try to climb back up. She really loves being outdoors. I wish we had a yard for her…soon.
2. My book club joined the shuffle board league. We had our first game on Wednesday night. Adam and Charlie came out to support. I think we scored a whopping 7 points one game. But we had fun, that’s all that matters. 1524762_10151944562992746_776161712_n
3. Adam cooked his first roast chicken last night. it was super moist and yummy. I think he should do this more often Winking smile
PA020202%255B11%255D
4. Sunday Charlie and I drove from Naples to Winter Haven to watch Adam play in his first Ultimate tournament in 1.5 years!! I can’t believe it’s been that long. We all had fun and hope to get him out on the field more often.
2014-01-19 13.29.21
5. Friday Charlie and I headed down to Naples to visit Stephanie and her 3 boys. We had fun playing with them and exploring their great children's museum, C’mon! We hope to go back sooner than later!
P1182863
6. We got our first Nephew! Wesley Xavier was born January 9th. We are so excited to meet him next month!
100MEDIA$IMAG0039
7. While driving from Naples to Winter Haven I was able to enjoy a scenic route with little to no traffic and have the nicest 2.5 car ride I’ve had in a long time. As much as I love the convenience a city provides, I realized I am a country mouse and I’m longing to get back to simpler things.
8. Charlie got a few care packages last week and one contained a leapfrog laptop. The girl was EXCITED!! She knew just what to do and banged away on the keyboard. come to find out Ms. Jones has a bunch of these…so it wasn’t her first time at the rodeo, but mom was still impressed.
2014-01-11 16.25.59
9. Adam is reading a book!!! I about fell out of bed when I found out he wasn’t looking at sports scores. He’s reading Treasure Island on his tablet…and has been for a few nights. He said he didn’t mention it because he knew I’d make a big deal, which I did! I’ve never seen him read a book!!!
treasureislandcover
10. Charlie is growing up too fast. She is starting to try and use silverware at the table and won’t let you feed her at all! She is so independent. When we go for walks she will rarely hold your hand, and she takes stairs like she’s 4’ tall; up and down! It has just been amazing watching the little person come out of that tiny body. She is such a joy and we are so very thankful.
2014-01-18 07.31.26

No comments:

Post a Comment