Monday, October 4, 2010

I’ve got a boney butt.

It’s true.  Even with as much extra padding I’ve accumulated over the years, it’s still boney.  And sitting on hard wooden chairs for hours playing cards is not fun.

Our dining set has hard wooden chairs.

PA030016

So I got an idea. 

Let pad and cover the seats! 

It will be an easy, inexpensive way to:

1. have a comfy seat to sit on

2. update the dining room 

3. do a fun project together

 

On Saturday I headed out to Joann’s with ideas for fabric in mind.  I wanted something modern/graphic and in the black/grey family.

This is what I found: (at 30% off too)

Don’t stare at it too long, your eyes will cross.

PA030019

On Sunday Adam and I went out to get the padding.  Of course the by yard wasn’t wide enough to do two chairs and the pre-cut was an inch too small.  We decided on the precut and would use some batting I had in the back to “make it work”.

We measured and disassembled the chairs and got to work.

PA030018

However by the time we got to the 3rd chair I realized that we didn’t have enough fabric (!!) to continue running the pattern the same way on the chairs.  So we cut what we had left in half and again “MADE IT WORK”

I must say the turned out pretty good.

PA030021 PA030024

And their pretty darn comfy too!

We spent a grand total of $40 and completed the task in about an hour. Not bad and it was totally worth it. 

Bring on game night, my butt is ready!!

1 comment: