Thursday, October 21, 2010

Projects

I’ve caught the “create” bug recently.  And my wheels have been spinning with things to make, build, design, sew…..

There are days I sit at my desk and draw the same details over and over and over while my mind craves something new and I find myself surfing the net for anything stimulating. 

A lot of the times they trigger an idea and off task I go and move onto something bigger.  I randomly design houses, furniture, clothing, stationary, logos….you name it.  Occasionally I actually produce them in AutoCad or Sketchup and file them away.  Mostly they are scribbled on scrap paper next to my desk and will eventually be trashed.  And on those very rare “ah ha I can actually do this moments” I share my ideas with Adam and his wheels start turning too.

I did that this week.

Here is the picture that got me moving….

reclaimed%20wood%20dining%20table

Here is a peek at my solution:

table 2

Which of course I emailed to Adam right away. We then discussed the how-to’s over the phone on my 20 minute drive home. When I arrived home I found him searching the internet for the correct parts and pieces needed. 

He’s as excited about it as I am.

And I really hope we do it this time.  Because most of the time these ideas loose their steam and/or we get busy. But this time I think we will really do it…

Stay posted….

 

Oh and another creative distraction-I spent some money at fabrics.com this week.  I have another project up my sleeve.

Here’s a peek into that:

BAG FAB

How cool are those??!?!?! UPS should deliver the box tomorrow…good thing Adam is working late because I think I’ll be glued to my machine.

And in case you’re curious, yes I’ve designed our dream house. Well mine at least.  Adam puts his two cents in and sometimes I oblige.  We’ll never be able to build it-unless we win the lotto. But still whenever I have a lull in work I open it up and tweak and modify…

Here’s a peek:

Kitchen 

Well, I suppose I should get back to my details now….:(

No comments:

Post a Comment