Monday, November 22, 2010

Can you smell the turkey?

Ahhh Finally! It’s the week we’ve been waiting for.
Our Three day work week.
The week that we’ll fly (non-stop!) to Michigan. (thanks mom and dad)
My first Thanksgiving with my immediate family in 8 years!
I haven’t had a Thanksgiving turkey cooked by mom since 2002.      I haven’t had her stuffing and all the fixings in 8 LONG years.

There have been many fun, memorable thanksgivings over the last 7 years.

2003-2005 St. Petersburg FL
 
2006 in Arlington VA
thanksgiving 2006
 
2007 on Marco Island
 

2008 in Wilson NC


2009 at home in Tampa FL



But really, nothing beats your moms cooking, right?  I can’t even remember what it tastes like…it’s been THAT long.
So what’s on the menu?  Well I got a sneak preview:
Turkey-duh.
clip_image001
Stuffing!!!!!!!!! (can you tell i like stuffing? Really looking forward to this after lasts years disappointment)
Green Bean Casserole (jonathans request)
Sweet Potatoes
Mashed Potatoes (because i told her we HAVE to have mashed AND sweet)
Brussels Sprouts (my doing-new recipe)
And I pray…pray! Moms Cranberry salad with the eggnog stuff.
Oh and Pie. I’m pretty sure there will be pie……Pumpkin Pie.
HA!


“Pumpkin pie! Pumpkin table, pumpkin chair, pumpkin napkin….”and it goes on. 

FYI he’ll be 21 this year. 

I think this is in the running for best inside family joke…right up there with the Gold Hangers.


To all those traveling this holiday: Travel Safe. Drive Safe. Buckle up!
And to all: Have a wonderful Thanksgiving-there really is so much to be Thankful for.  Gobble Gobble

No comments:

Post a Comment