Monday, June 7, 2010

Updates


It has been a busy few weeks for Adam & I. Adam has been working long hours at his new (temp we hope) job building furniture for the Church of Scientology. I joke with him that he should etch pictures of the Virgin Mary of Jesus someplace on the desks...see if we can't convert a few ;) This tidbit is always fun to tell people since TCOS has its head quarters next door in Clearwater. They are a hot topic around here and I’m getting very curious as to what this "church" really is. Now don't go getting worried...I'm not going over to the dark side. I've just always been intrigued by other religions; yet I’m finding it hard to understand why Scientology (Science=Knowledge; -ology=Study of...) Is a "religion". Adam explains it's a tax loop hole-that makes more sense.  All the while he has been working overtime getting the space machines-I mean desks-ready, I've been trying to keep up house, socialize and get better.

I've been battling a sickness of some mutant sort. Started out on memorial day with a fierce sore throat. Worked its way into a killer headache. Then moved into my joints and a fever which kept me out of work one day. I NEVER stay out of work. But after the fever receded and the throat got better it had migrated to my nose and my chest. And here it is 1 week later and I’m still hacking away. Hopefully this will be the last of it because I'm not enjoying my 3 a.m coughing fits that last 30 minutes.

Oh! and I have to throw in "Greatest Husband Award" here. So I came home early from work when I was sick - Luckily Adam didn't work late that night. I told him soup sounded good for dinner as I crawled into bed. He came in a little while later with some hot tea and ice cream and said dinner would be awhile. I asked why and he said "because I’ve got to make the soup". I was confused...soup takes like 3 minutes. Put it in a bowl add a can of water and nuke it for 3:00. He said "No, I have MAKE it, we don't have any". So my sweet husband MADE chicken noodle soup-the long way. How sweet is he? It was soooo good.  I did inform him that he was super sweet, but if it were he who were sick, I would have went to the store to buy some Cambell's.

This past weekend was a whirl wind of parties. Friday night we surprised our friend Tara for her Birthday at her favorite restaurant. She was super shocked and more so to see me standing there as I had spoken with her 30 minutes before and told her again how sick I was. Little did she know I was dressed to the nines picking up candles for her cake at the Publix next to her house! We had a great dinner, great conversations with friends and an all out fun time. Midnight rolled around and poor Adam's eyes started to close-so we headed out.
Surprise!
The Whole Gang

Enjoying a Night out
Tara's Fabulous Cake!

Tara & Alex

Ben Enjoying lots of ladies

Hot Tired and Having fun!

Saturday we had our friends Baby shower/BBQ. It was a lovely day-super hot-but had again good food, friends and times. It was great to celebrate with Kris & Paul-as this is their "3rd" child. She lost twin boys a year ago April at ~20 weeks-so it has been a bumpy ride for them and to see happiness in them both again is magical.


The Beautiful Mommy to be-Kris & Proud Daddy Paul with the shirt we bought them.


Adam making his entrance.

Enjoying time with new friends.

Sunday after Adam had 4.5 hours of Frisbee practice we headed over to the beach for yet another birthday party! our friends Eric and Maelyn (who recently got married!) were in from Switzerland and Maelyn turned 20+20. The day started at Fort Desoto and ended at Eric's Beach-were memories flooded back of the prior years and the times we spent on Treasure Island. At the end of the night Adam & I longed to go back to his 1 bedroom apt on that side of the bay instead of driving the 45 minuets home sandy and in wet suites.

This week will hopefully go by as quickly as the last-but will still see Adam working overtime (which is good for the wallet) and end with him heading to Georgia for a tournament on Friday and coming home LATE Sunday. That just means I'll have lots of "Stephanie" time and have already planned a "girls" night on Friday. Maybe I'll get the sewing machine back out and work on some long over do projects.

Happy June!

No comments:

Post a Comment