Tuesday, August 27, 2013

10 Things

1.  Charlie’s tooth is slowly coming in. She doesn’t seem to phased by it, which is good. I first saw it poke through on 8/12…so it’s taking it’s sweet time.
2.  Charlie's appetite is growing! I know that when she is at Ms. Jones’ house she eats good, but when she’s with us in the evenings and on weekends it’s hit or miss. Well this past week I was feeding her and at one point I thought she was done…but I tried one more bite and she ended up eating a whole jar of peas and 1/2 a jar of something else! Makes me wonder if we’re not feeding her enough!
3.  On the subject of teeth and food…we’re really hoping she’ll get some more teeth so we can start giving her more table food! We didn’t plan on buying her pureed baby food, but since we haven’t been very good at making dinner and they’ve been on BOGO, we’re finding it easier to just give her a jar of food so we know she’s actually eating!
4.  I have an childhood friend who is an artist, Rebecca Ringquist, and when I was on bed rest she mailed me one of her embroidery samplers.  I enjoyed working on it and learning the stitches, but then the baby came and I never finished it.  The past few weeks, needed something new to do, I pulled it out and finally finished it! I even ordered another one from her and created my own design to use as a square on a quilt I hope to someday to for Charlie!
2013-08-22 20.07.52 
5.  Charlie is really loving pulling herself up and climbing all over us. She’s even getting braver and doing one hand or trying to stand from a crawl position. It won’t be long now…she will be walking! Lord help us.
2013-08-25 08.29.44
6.  Last week my friend Tara and her husband Doug opened their brewery in St. Pete! We have gone the last two Friday’s to support them. They only serve Beer and are not done with the interiors, but the beer is good and that’s all that matters!
2013-08-23 19.55.47
7.  Saturday night we got a sitter and had a date!! One of my old students, who is now 15 (!!) really wanted to babysit Charlie, so we jumped and had her (and her mom, for the 1st time) come babysit.  Originally were just going to go to the movies, but my friend Kristi got free tickets to the comedy club so we went with her there then finished the night, just the two of us, at Ciro’s Speakeasy.  It was weird to be out w/o her…and we kept talking about her…but it was fun and I hope we can find time to do it again soon.
2013-08-24 22.00.25
8.  Sunday we met up with Adam’s cousin and his family who were in town for a baseball game. They have three boys and they loved seeing Charlie and all wanted a chance to hold her. They even gave her a bottle!
2013-08-25 11.48.27
9.  Speaking of bottles, she holds her own bottle at daycare…not so much at home.  We still hold the bottle for her, we know she can do it herself…but she knows that we’ll do it for her! I think we’ve finally come to the decision that our days of cradling her and giving her a bottle are numbered…so we’re just going to enjoy it while we can.
10. Our friends Kris and Paul had their 2nd daughter a few weeks ago.  She was small like Charlie and is still only 7lbs4oz.  So when Kris told me that her 3mo clothes are swimming on her, I jumped at the chance to lend her our NB clothes.  It was so fun pulling out the clothes and thinking back at how tiny Charlie used to be and realizing how big she has gotten.  We were so nervous with her because she was so tiny, but now we just toss her around!  Charlie had fun looking at her old clothes too!
2013-08-22 16.55.13

BONUS!!!
11. Today is Adams Birthday! Happy 34 to the love of my life! We will be celebrating at home with a steak dinner, cake and presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment