Monday, August 2, 2010

I'm a bum

This past weekend Adam was in North Carolina for a Frisbee tournament and I stayed behind to watch the dogs.  Lucky him got to see Kylie and spend all day Friday with her.  He sent me some pictures while I was at work-and I can't wait to see her in 3 more weeks.


Pictures courtesy of Alyssa


I did something this weekend that i haven't done in a loooonnnng time. probably since before i met Adam.
Ab. so. lut. ly.
NOTHING.
I don't even think i got dressed Saturday. I did shower before i went to bed ;)
Wait...I did Vacuum, laundry 3 loads, iron the wrinkly and sewed a new little dress.  But outside of those few chores nothing. i watched movies, napped, took the dogs out and made makeshift dinners out of left overs.

As much as the practical man that lives in my brain said-stop waisting the day-I could not, did not, want to do anything.

I was a bum on purpose.  I even laughed about it when I called Tara asking for motivation...she needed the same.

And I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I don't know when I'll have that opportunity again. I grabbed it and seized.

Adam returned late last night-it was nice to have someone else in the house again.  We're back to work and our regular week.  Adam is at his new job-and we're still waiting to see if it's going to be a good fit....
I start teaching next week Monday! Guess I should start stretching.

We hope you all had a lovely weekend, bums or no bums, and that your week is quick and productive.  Saturday is only 5 days away.

No comments:

Post a Comment