Monday, February 15, 2010

I'd do it all over again.

Yesterday marked one year of Adam's & my engagement.  It seems so long ago-but at times like yesterday.  We had an amazing year, busy and fun, but we spent it together and I'd have it no other way.  For Valentine's day we took it pretty easy-went to to church then Publix as we normally do on Sunday's.  Oh I almost forgot-Adam did make me a grand slam breakfast :)

The weather lately has been pretty cold for Florida and we had hoped to go on a picnic-like we used to do all the time-but weren't sure if it would be nice enough or if we could find a park in Tampa that we liked as much as our "grassy knoll" in St. Petersburg.  I had done some research on our area so after church we drove around and found Riverhills Park-which is literally across the bridge from were we live.  It looked nice enough so we went home and packed up the dogs (who were ecstatic to go on an outing!) grabbed our picnic gear and some snacks and headed back over the river.


The day ended up being surprisingly nice-the sun was shining and it was quite comfortable out.  After taking the dogs for a walk on the boardwalk we set up our table and played a mean game of chess.  I won.  But I think we were both off our game and how I pulled it out can only be described as Luck.  We then moved on to cards-Youva; which we invented while in Europe.  Adam one that game-so he was satisfied.  It was nearing five so we packed back up and headed home to start dinner.
 
Adam enjoying some wine
 Jordan & Bruiser loving being outdoors
 My attempt at using the self timer..

Adam did about 95% of the meal-I wasn't feeling the greatest so I went to sleep off a head ache while he prepared our dinner.  Mushroom & Garlic stuffed bacon wrapped fillets, Baked Potatoes, Asparagus, Cauliflower, Sauteed mushrooms & onions and Mahi Mahi (which I made).  Adam lit some red candles I had found in the drawer and dimmed the lights.  We poured the same wine he had purchased a year earlier.

During dinner I slipped off my engagement ring and handed it to him saying " you can do it again if you want".  He tucked it into his pocket and said "later".  We enjoyed our meal and each other company.  Adam finished his whole plate, while I only my vegetables.  ( I finished my steak tonight!)  Adam got up to clear his plate and as he came back I saw him reach into his pocket.  He knelt down by my chair and told me that this past year had been wonderful and the time before as well. And that if he had to he'd do it all over again.  Then he held out my ring and said "would you marry me all over again?"  This time I said "Yes" right away and let him put the ring on my finger.  (If you missed the original story you can read it Here )

Truth is I would do it all over again-the wedding, the planning, the moving, the adjusting if it meant that I could spend another day, month, year or 50 with Adam.  He truly is the favorite part of my day.  We are so lucky to have found each other and I thank God everyday for bringing him into my life.

Before we met Valentine's day was just another "Hallmark Holiday" to me, but Adam has made it so much more- it will forever be the day that he changed my life. 

 
February 14th, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment