Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mixed Emotions

This last week has been an emotional roller coaster.  I debated writing about it-but came to the conclusion that if I'm to be honest about what Adam & I go through in our first year of marriage this will definitely be apart of it.  Tomorrow we leave on our much anticipated honeymoon to Germany.  We are so excited and have been planning and preparing for quite some time now.  Last weekend we made a final trip to Peter Glenn and got hats/neck warmers/socks....all the last minuet things.  My new ski jacket finally arrived on Monday and I love it-and it fits!

Within all this excitement I got a call from my GYN informing me that I need to have a cone biopsy on my cervix to remove some invasive high grade pre cancerous cells. Not what you want to hear before leaving on the honeymoon which was going to be the official start of our "baby's are a go!". So now the Tuesday after we return from our honeymoon I will be having out patient surgery to hopefully remove all of the bad cells, pushing our "baby's are a go" at least 3 months.  For those of you who had bets going at the wedding-sorry to mess up your spread.  Adam and I are are disappointed to say the least, but know that my health is of the utmost importance and like my Dr. said "we're going to nip this in the bud".  We know that God has a plan for us and we just have to trust that His plan will work itself out and in the end this will all make sense.
So we ask for your prayers as we board a 12 hr flight to Munich for safe travels, as we drive through snowy foreign roads and fly down mountains with sticks stuck to our feet and that we have a fabulous honeymoon.  And when we return that I may come out of that O.R. a stronger-healthier women who will someday be able to give my husband what he longs for most-a family.
I can't wait to share with you all the photos & videos we capture on our trip and I'm sure all of our funny stories.
Deutschland: Here We Come!  To all of you: Auf Wiedersehen

No comments:

Post a Comment